Sunday 30 July 2017

Make A Photo Cube With Rinea Foiled Papers & Floracraft

This month, the Rinea DT have been combining Rinea Foiled Papers with some Floracraft Cubes. (Now, honestly, the Rinea DT have excellent themselves, so head on over to check out their makes!) I knew, almost immediately, that I wanted to use mine to make a 'Photo Cube' but needed to choose a suitable occasion to show off.


Looking through some of my photographs the other weekend, I came across some from the bead retreat I took a while back - where my friend, Sarah, and I had an amazing time (and there's evidence in the form of some really daft photographs!) 


To make the cube, I first needed to choose a colour for my base - and I eventually chose to use the Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper, because it matched the colour of the dress I'm wearing in my photographs.

Covering the base was really, really easy - I wrapped it, as though it was a gift, knowing that any folds would be covered by my photographs. It all looks nice and neat. 


The Floracraft Cubes are sized at 3in x 3in, so I cut all of my photographs down to 2.5in x 2.5 in - which means that there's still a little bit of that lovely Rinea shine on show!

To finish off the cube, I added a few small (and flat) embellishments - to add a little bit of interest. (You can add more dimensional embellishments if you want, but remember that if these are on the bottom of the cube at any time, that the cube won't sit without wobbling!)


I'm thrilled with how this super simple cube turned out - and I'm sure I'll make some more to send to friends, or display on my desk at work! Let's face it, we all need a little bit of cheering up in the office! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x